We would like to introduce you to our latest extension Friends, which allows you to add a user friendship system to your website.
With this extension users can send each other friend requests and then the user who receives the friend request can either accept or reject the request.
When combined with our social activity extension you can allows users to see updates from their friends on your website, similar to the Facebook news feed.
Here are the features provided by the extension:
- Adds a friendship system to your website
- Displays followers/following stats on their profile
- Adds a send friendship request button to profile cards on member directories
- Adds a send friendship request button to every user’s profile
- Adds a tab to profiles which shows a list of user’s friends
- Adds a tab to profiles which shows a list of user’s friend requests.
- Allow users to restrict their profile to their friends only
- Users receive an email notification when someone sends them a friend request
- Users receive an email notification when someone accepts their friend request
Integrations with other extensions
The extension has also been integrated with some of our existing extensions to provide the following functionality:
- Notifications – Users can receive a notification when someone sends them a friend request and when someone accepts their friend request
- Private Messages – Limit pivate messaging to friends so only friends can message each other
- Social Activity – Limit activity displayed in the feed to activity from friends only
How much does it cost?
The extension costs between $25-65 depending on the number of site licenses you require. You can also get this extension and all of our other extensions at a big discount by purchasing our core extensions bundle.