Using the Google Maps API, display users on a map on the member directory page and allow users to add their location via their profile
User Locations extension is integrated with the Google Maps Platform. The extension requires creating an app within the platform and activating the API. The Google Maps Platform is a paid service that comes with $200 in free usage each month. To view the Google Maps usage pricing please click here.
- Add user location field to registration and profile forms to allow users to add their location.
- Ability to auto-detect user location (requires users to click the pin icon on the location field and give permission to share location)
- Adds a user location search field to member directory to allow people to search for users by location
- Adds a map to member directory
- User Clustering for users in close proximity on member directory map
- User avatars appear on the map to show the location of users
- When avatar is clicked a small profile card will appear on the map which shows the avatar, display name and information you choose in member directory settings
- Allow people to find users by dragging the map
User Locations extension purchase options
Want this extension?
Get it as part of our All Access Pass and save over 80%